How do I learn hula hoop?
Learning to hoop is not as difficult as you might think. It just takes a little more than a quick trial and error. Many people have already had a hula hoop at home and it didn't work right away and then they ask themselves "What's the best way to learn hula hooping"?
Choosing the agony of choice of Hula Hoop
No, it does matter which hoop you use. There are some differences that can be more or less helpful for beginners. Learning to hula hoop therefore starts with buying the right hula hoop. First you have to consider what goal you want to pursue with hooping. If you want to lose weight, build muscles and tone the skin, hula hoops with massage nubs are optimal. Hoops without massage nubs are suitable if you want to start slowly or are very sensitive to pain.
To choose the right Hoopomania Dance Hoop, proceed as follows.
- First measure the length from the floor to the belly button, the number of cm corresponds approximately to the diameter you should choose. The larger the diameter, the easier it is, as you have longer to perform the movement. So if you are between 2 sizes, you should choose the larger diameter.
- If you want to learn hooping, you should also choose a slightly heavier hoop first, then it will be easier to do the circles.
- Do not go to the nearest toy shop to buy a simple hula hoop. The ones available there are far too light and too small in diameter for adults who want to learn to hula hoop. These are not sports equipment, these are toys.
If you want a Hoopomania hula hoop with massage nubs, our table will help you choose the right hoop:
|Hoopomania Name||Target group||Body weight||Massage factor|
|Hoopomania Light Hoop 1.2kg||Beginner||up to 65 kg||mild|
|Hoopomania Weight Hoop 1.5kg||Beginner||from 65 kg||mild|
|Hoopomania Might Hoop 2kg||All||from 85 kg||mild|
|Hoopomania Slim Hoop 0.72kg||All||up to 55 kg||mild|
|Hoopomania Body Hoop 0.95kg||All||56 - 65 kg||mild|
|Hoopomania Large Hoop 1.8kg||All||from 65 kg||Mild-intensive|
|Hoopomania Anion Hoop 2.1kg||All||from 70 kg||Mild-intensive|
|Hoopomania Magnetic Hoop 1.2kg||All||60 - 70 kg||intensive|
|Hoopomania Vital Hoop 2.6kg||Advanced||from 70 kg||Mild-intensive|
|Hoopomania Action Hoop 1.6kg||Advanced||from 65 kg||intensive|
|Hoopomania Titan Hoop 3.1kg||Advanced||from 70 kg||intensive|
So you can learn hooping - it's easy!
Once you have found the right hoop, all you need is enough space for your new favourite sport. Since you are sure to start sweating easily at the beginning, you should also wear comfortable clothing. It should be close to the body so that the hula hoop is not distracted by folds.
Learn Hula Hoop begins with the right starting position
- First, stand normally and place one foot forward. For right-handers, the comfortable foot is usually the right, for left-handers the left. A secure stance is half the battle.
- Then next get into the Hoopomania Hula Hoop and hold it at waist level. It should rest against your back. Now the axis is very important. Learning to hoop can only succeed if the hoop is held really parallel to the floor. Is everything correct? Then continue.
- To warm up, it is best to start by slightly circling the hips to the left and right. This will get you going a bit and learning to hula hoop will be even easier.
- Now the dry exercise is over. Now give the hoop some swing with both hands and move the hips further to the left and right or right to left. In the best case, the hoop now already moves in a circular motion around the belly, to the back and forward again.
There is still no master fell from the sky!
If you don't get it right away, don't worry. We also have a detailed exercise guide for learning the correct technique. Learning to hula hoop rarely works on the first try. It is important not to forget to have fun and to move your hips and belly consciously. You should also be careful never to make circular movements. The circular movement of the hoop can only come about when the hips are moved back and forth or to the left and right or right to left. If learning to hoop does not work yet, it may be due to the wrong direction. Next time, give the hoop some momentum in the other direction. Everyone has their preferred side. The way it feels best is more likely to lead to success. Once you have mastered one side, you can start practising the other. After the initial suggestions for learning how to houlder, we move on to the necessary training methods so that soon you will be houldering on your body as easily as, for example, riding a bike or skating feels. Enough room to move while listening to your favourite music can also be supportive. Then learning to hula hoop will be even more fun and enjoyable.
Hula Hoop exercises for advanced
Those who are already advanced in learning the hula hoop can specialise their hooping. You can vary the speed by changing the tempo of the hip and abdominal movements. In between, you can turn yourself in the direction of the hula hoop or alternately put one leg forward and back again. This increases the intensity and makes you sweat faster. If you already feel very confident, you can also try your first hooping tricks for beginners.